PDA

View Full Version : Your next plane trip..

kfarmah
02-10-2007, 13:43 PM
Have you ever sat on a plane, next to an irritating seat-mate who keeps
talking to you and snooping at everything you read?

Next time, just follow these simple instructions:
And get ready to enjoy your well-deserved privacy.

1. Quietly and calmly open up your laptop case.
2. Remove your laptop, and open it.
3. Start up.
4. Make sure the guy annoying you can see the screen.
5. Close your eyes and tilt your head up to the sky. Take a very deep
breath...
6. Then open this web address...

http://tinyurl.com/34fzpf

Poppy35
03-10-2007, 15:41 PM
mm, not funny in my eyes im afraid.

P.Pilcher
06-10-2007, 10:18 AM
Would someone kindly translate the Arabic?

P.P.

Poppy35
06-10-2007, 19:48 PM
perhaps its the countdown to Jeffreys 3000th post??? :D

jeffrey
08-10-2007, 09:04 AM
perhaps its the countdown to Jeffreys 3000th post??? :D

Nope. I'm up to 3507 already.

pcwilkins
08-10-2007, 14:17 PM
Yes, almost as hilarious as standing up and shouting "I have a bomb!" :rolleyes:

In any case I doubt it would enable you to "enjoy your well-deserved privacy". Especially if Mr Bush has put one of his "air marshals" on the plane.

Peter

jeffrey
08-10-2007, 14:33 PM
Don't complain about air marshalls. El Al is safest by far, because it openly admits to armed staff aboard. It avoids staff complacency by also randomly selecting individual employees to travel on flights for which they carried out the security checking: a great way to keep someone on his/her toes, by that person's life potentially depending on job efficiency.

pcwilkins
08-10-2007, 14:57 PM
Don't complain about air marshalls. El Al is safest by far, because it openly admits to armed staff aboard. It avoids staff complacency by also randomly selecting individual employees to travel on flights for which they carried out the security checking: a great way to keep someone on his/her toes, by that person's life potentially depending on job efficiency.

Fear not --- I was not complaining. Merely commenting that the OP's suggestion could lead to a rather...interesting outcome if the chap sitting next to you happened to be one of said marshals.

Do El Al pay for the flight back for their staff, too? Or do they have to check baggage at the other end until they are randomly selected again?

Peter

jeffrey
15-10-2007, 10:19 AM
Long-distance flights in economy class, with legs hunched up, give passengers a DVD- or at least I think that's what they said...