View Full Version : Fixed term expired; now statutory periodic; how to repossess

02-04-2006, 16:05 PM
i have tenants in my flat the contract expired a while back and i didnt renew one, as i was abroad.

i now want to take possession of my property.

what is the procedure -do i just serve them a 2month notice in writing as normal?

the thing is i forsee problems wth them not wanting to move.Have i any legal rights to shift them?

02-04-2006, 16:30 PM
I take it that you are referring to a standard Assured Shorthold Tenancy agreement. Is it your routine to issue a Section 21 Notice (Notice Requiring Possession) when a tenancy is first granted?

If you need to issue or follow up a Section 21 Notice it would be helpful for you to do a search on the forums to get clued up on the correct way to issue serve and follow up such notices.

02-04-2006, 16:46 PM
yes and no i didnt serve a s21.

it may be fine im just pre-empting grief.

so do they have more rights than normal(as under the 6mths agreement) now that it has expired?

02-04-2006, 18:57 PM
They have no miore rights than usual. just serve notice but make sure it is done right.