PDA

View Full Version : Section 21 timing

MrWoof
10-08-2005, 16:03 PM
Hi People, I've just been asked a question I don't know the answer to and yes, I do have Paul's question time posers on file.
Periodic tenancy, start date 7th of a month, S21 served on the 7th of July, to end 'After 6th September'. Dates are midweek so the weekend problem doesn't arise but, assuming the notice was served during the day, does this constitute two full months notice?

dazalock
10-08-2005, 16:20 PM
Provided any other circumstances are ok, i.e. not after 4pm, wind is blowing west to east, tenant does not work nights and any the other bizzar rules, I would say a month is 7 July - 6 August, so 2 months is 7 July - 6 September. Cutting it a bit fine though? When you say served do you mean given by hand, because otherwise you have to allow for delivery time.

deandevy
10-08-2005, 16:38 PM
Hello

It was me who put the question to Mr Woof.

I served notice by hand on 7th July in the day, around lunchtime. The expiry date I wrote was 7th September. Is this correct?

dazalock
10-08-2005, 16:55 PM
I think you should have wrote 6th September, I await to be corrected.

BTW, do you call him Mr Woof when you see him?

MrWoof
10-08-2005, 16:57 PM
I've just re read your initial post, in it you said that the notice was dated 'After 7th September.' Providing the tenancy start date was the 8th of a month, this is correct.

Before anyone jumps in, I already know its a periodic tenancy.:p

MrWoof
10-08-2005, 16:58 PM
BTW, do you call him Mr Woof when you see him? :D Its a long distance thing. We haven't been formally introduced.:D

PaulF
12-08-2005, 18:39 PM
Hi People, I've just been asked a question I don't know the answer to and yes, I do have Paul's question time posers on file.
Periodic tenancy, start date 7th of a month, S21 served on the 7th of July, to end 'After 6th September'. Dates are midweek so the weekend problem doesn't arise but, assuming the notice was served during the day, does this constitute two full months notice?Err.............the answer is of course No! - and you didn't say how it was served either but it doesn't matter as it's still invalid!

MrWoof
12-08-2005, 18:52 PM
Thanks Paul, another one copied and pasted in the file.:D

deandevy
13-08-2005, 08:45 AM
After reading Paul F's new thread I understand that I have done a cock up. At the moment I wont be pursuing the possession as she has been offered Council accommodation. Yippee.

At least I know next time around what dates that need to be put on the Notice.

Thanks all and lets hope she's out soon!!!!