PDA

View Full Version : Bond Certificate

deandevy
08-08-2005, 17:48 PM
A new tenant is moving into one of my properties. She has been awarded 400.00 Bond Certificate.

She asks will I accept this or do I want the cash. What is a Bond Certificate? Before I say I will accept it I need to know what it is.

MrShed
08-08-2005, 17:50 PM
Not sure, but if it is a liquid form of equity, it would concern me that she isnt changing it to cash and just giving you that.

MrShed
08-08-2005, 17:52 PM
A bond certificate is a certificate from the government that you buy, and is repaid by the government over a long term. It is essentially a loan the owner of the bond makes to the government. This means that you cannot get access to the money immediately, unless you go through a bond broker, I think. However, it would probably give you a decent rate of interest.

justaboutsane
08-08-2005, 21:34 PM
A Bond certificate is issued by an organisation that will guarantee the bond so if something happens the organisation will repay you up to £400 based on you providing receipts. We work with an organisation called Caerohilly Move on and have 3 tenants with these bonds, they last the duartion of the AST and can be renewed so long as the tenant is in situ. I would ask the tenant who is issuing the bond and call them and talk it over.

deandevy
09-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Thanks for the replies.

Having read them I have decided not to bother with them, but to have the cash instead.

Thanks again.