PDA

View Full Version : Evicting a Tenant from a part furnished tenancy

deandevy
30-07-2005, 20:40 PM
I Need A Bit Of Advice.

My Tenant Has Had Her Notice To End The Tenancy Under Section 21. This Expires On 7th September. She Has Not Paid Her Part Of The Rent Since Wc 29.06.05 (hb 75.00pw, Her Part 5.00pw).

I Have A Wardrobe At The Property, Is It True That After 14 Days Of Non Payment Of Rent I Am Entitled To Enter The Premises, With Or Without Permission To Remove The Belongings If So With Police Presence If Needed.

I Would Think This Is Completely Untrue But I Was Told Otherwise.

Please Help.

Raggy
30-07-2005, 21:45 PM
WHo TOLd YOu THAt?

Is THe WARDROBe Of ANy PARTICULAr SIGNIFICANCe To THEIr THINKINg?

PaulF
31-07-2005, 08:37 AM
Until you can give more detail there's not much advice available:

I Need A Bit Of Advice.

My Tenant Has Had Her Notice To End The Tenancy Under Section 21. This Expires On 7th September. She Has Not Paid Her Part Of The Rent Since Wc 29.06.05 (hb 75.00pw, Her Part 5.00pw). As there appears to be more than one tenant, is the liability joint and several on an AST with the others, or does she have her own AST? Also by any chance do you happen to live at the premises too?

I Have A Wardrobe At The Property, Is It True That After 14 Days Of Non Payment Of Rent I Am Entitled To Enter The Premises, With Or Without Permission To Remove The Belongings If So With Police Presence If Needed. As the second poster has said, what has a wardrobe to do with it? The title of your post might be revealing in that is mentions part-furnished accommodation - there is no difference between furnished and unfurnished as far as the law is concerned.

I Would Think This Is Completely Untrue But I Was Told Otherwise. You can't enter into anyone's exclusive accommodation without their permission even if the arrears is substantial.

Please Help.
As a postscript to this, Did you serve the correct version of the S.21 Notice and when did you serve it and how (i.e. personally on the tenant, by post etc.) ?

deandevy
31-07-2005, 09:45 AM
Thanks Paul For The Advice. I Knew You Would Be Able To Confirm What I Thought Was Correct.

There Is Only One Tenant. What I Meant By Her Part Of The Rent Is That She Pays The Top Up From Housing Benefit.

Being Unfurnished Or Part Furnished. I Thought There Was No Difference Regarding Legal Side Of Things.

You Confirmed What I Thought Was Completely Untrue That It Is Ok To Enter The Property Without The Tenant's Permission.

The Notice Was Served Correctly With The 2 Months Notice And Handed To Her In Person.

Thanks Again Paul For Your Help.

Muse
31-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Can I just say (and it's nothing to do with your question........sorry) that your method of posting with capital letters for each word makes your post difficult to read.

deandevy
31-07-2005, 15:48 PM
I Know For Some Reason It Does That. Don't Ask Me How I Do It It's The Machine. Any Ideas How To Change It??

LOOK AT RAGGY'S ABOVE THAT'S EVEN WORSE!! LOL

MrShed
31-07-2005, 20:15 PM
yeh think he may have been taking the proverbial out of you :P