PDA

View Full Version : Quality of documents from clickdocs.co.uk

Hamario
29-07-2005, 13:55 PM
What is the general consensus on the quality of the propert-letting documents on offer from clickdocs.co.uk?

MrWoof
29-07-2005, 14:14 PM
Didn't know about the site until your post, no loss there, I've just seen their prices. Try this forum or at those prices, WH Smith.

P.Pilcher
29-07-2005, 16:32 PM
I will yet again repeat my post, particularly in view of the aforementioned prices: www.oyezformslink.co.uk is where you should get almost everything you need, and you can examine the text of many of the forms on screen - without the bl**dy great red stripe down the middle, making such a task impossible!

P.P.

PaulF
31-07-2005, 09:18 AM
If you were a bit more enterprising you can find all you want, and probably for free on the internet, e.g. here's one I found with an AST!

http://www.rahlettings.co.uk/docs/AssuredShortholdTenancy.pdf

Hamario
01-08-2005, 15:56 PM
thanks guys...

Nora Kay
01-08-2005, 19:23 PM
PaulF
I've just had a look at the AST you recommended. I'm puzzled by a couple of things
* there is a space for the Landlord's signature, but not the tenant's.
* there is a space for a witness to the landlord's signature; I thought this
was not necessary.
* item (3.28); is this a bit dicey? Can the landlord really take possession if the rent is 4 weeks overdue and he thinks the tenants have left?
* Why does the AST demand rent is paid on the 1st of each month?
* item (9); will this do the trick and persuade the various companies
to divulge forwarding addresses?

MrShed
01-08-2005, 19:36 PM
PaulF
I've just had a look at the AST you recommended. I'm puzzled by a couple of things
* there is a space for the Landlord's signature, but not the tenant's.
was not necessary.
No, but is still almost always done on ASTs

* item (3.28); is this a bit dicey? Can the landlord really take possession if the rent is 4 weeks overdue and he thinks the tenants have left?

* Why does the AST demand rent is paid on the 1st of each month?
Change date to fit :P....doesnt matter when the date is

to divulge forwarding addresses?
Good point, I would be very surprised.

fsgdfsgdfgd

PaulF
01-08-2005, 22:09 PM
Please! - choose your words carefully!
PaulF
I've just had a look at the AST you recommended. Err..........No! I didn't recommend it nor did I say it was any good; I just said I found it on the internet! I'm puzzled by a couple of things
* there is a space for the Landlord's signature, but not the tenant's.So amend it if you can!
was not necessary. It's optional!
* item (3.28); is this a bit dicey? Can the landlord really take possession if the rent is 4 weeks overdue and he thinks the tenants have left? He can try but it wouldn't necessarily be lawful unless he could prove abandonment!
* Why does the AST demand rent is paid on the 1st of each month? Just the way some agents/landlords like to have rent paid.
to divulge forwarding addresses? Dunno!'cause I haven't read it, but they have to comply with the DPA and doubt whether this probably will!This just goes to prove that all AST's must be written to protect both landlord & tenant and they understand what everything means; paying for an AST is often no better than a free version unless they are well worded. You pays your money and you takes your choice! That's why I write my own!