PDA

View Full Version : Moving out

plumberman
26-07-2005, 15:42 PM
Hi,

Just spoke to my landlord about coming to inspect the house just before I move out. He stated that he was coming tomorrow, however, I assumed he would come at a time when we could meet him after work. He intednds to come midday. I have read that if the LL is to inspect the state of the property before giving me back my deposit that it is a good idea for all parties to be present. Is there anyway I can persuade him to come later and is it a major disdvantage for me not to be there?

dazalock
26-07-2005, 15:52 PM
You dont HAVE to be there, and it makes no difference to any claim the LL later makes. At the end of the day, the LL can walk round nodding his head saying everything is great and later charge for this and that, the important thing is that he sticks to the rules, i.e. has a comprehensive check in inventory, can prove damage, supplies reciepts, only claims for the actual cost .... and so on......

plumberman
26-07-2005, 15:54 PM
as i was saying in another post he doesnt have an inventory...

PaulF
26-07-2005, 16:18 PM
In which case if you haven't been presented with, nor signed, an inventory at the commencement of the tenancy, then the landlord has no basis for assessment from which to make any deductions and all your deposit should be returned.

Incidentally a tenant has no right to be present at a check-out, it's only at the landlord's invitation.