PDA

View Full Version : Extractor Fan - Building Regs.

Metorical
08-06-2007, 13:48 PM
Hi,

I've recently purchased a new flat that was new build approx 2 years ago. The bathroom is on the inside and hence has no windows but also has no extractor fan.

I read a previous post here talking about building regulations (part F?) and the requirement for recent builds or re-structured properties to have ventiliation. Does this apply here and if so what do you think my chances are of chasing up the building company seeing as I'm the second owner?

If not then I'm unsure of whether it would be possible to add ventiliation, does anyone have experience with this or is there a good standalone solution that I could install (condenser) ?

Thanks,

Meto

TaxationPete
08-06-2007, 14:27 PM
An automatic fan, triggered by the light, in a inside bathroom has been in the regs for a long time. I would chase this up. Do you have an NBRC certificate. Regards Peter

jeffrey
08-06-2007, 14:38 PM
An automatic fan, triggered by the light, in a inside bathroom has been in the regs for a long time. I would chase this up. Do you have an NBRC certificate. Regards Peter

Even a second owner (successor to party who initially obtained the NHBC Certificate) is protected by NHBC. It's just that, after the first two years, only structural defects are covered by NHBC.

Metorical
08-06-2007, 14:48 PM
Many thanks for the speedy responses! I'm quite new to all this but I'll check through the documents I have tonight.