PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone recommend a process server in Norfolk?

Betty Let
23-07-2005, 17:12 PM
I am looking for company to serve a Section 21 Notice to Quit on a tenant in North Norfolk. I would be grateful for any personal recommendations.

I have tried sending it by recorded delivery, but the tenant was apparently, not in and has yet to collect it from the post office.

Can you give me an idea of how much this will cost? I understand that two people should attend the property to serve the notice, in order for one to be able to witness that it was served, if necessary for court action.

Thank you

Betty

P.Pilcher
23-07-2005, 20:16 PM
You don't need one. The S21 form has to be delivered to the tenant at his address - i.e. the property he is renting. I understand that the best technique is to send two copies of the notice in the ordinary 1st. class post to the tenant, by using two different post offices. Ensure that receipts of postage are obtained as these are your proof of delivery. A judge may well accept that one of the notices failed to turn up, but not two!
Make sure that the notices are correctly worded and if you are running a little short of the necessary two months notice, check the answers to Paul F's last quiz to make sure that you are O.K.

P.P.