PDA

View Full Version : Viewing advice please

Loulou
01-06-2007, 14:26 PM
Hi

I have ditched my letting agent and I am going it alone.I read somewhere that you should always arrange block viewings as many people don't turn up so this is what I have arranged for this Saturday.I have 5 groups of people coming and now I am thinking....what do I do if more than one of these groups likes the property ??
Any advice will be really appreciated

Thanks

justaboutsane
01-06-2007, 14:39 PM
Dont make any snap decisions, take notes on each group (gut reactions and so on!) and only make a decision once you have the credit references etc through.

Do not be pushed into making a choice too soon, if one group pushes you strike them off the list!

Loulou
01-06-2007, 14:52 PM
Thanks for replying !
Sorry if these are silly questions,I just don't want to get things wrong.

I have printed off some tenant application forms from this site (they are tenant verify ones) Am I right in thinking that anyone interested in the flat fills a form out,I get their references checked and then depending on who comes out of the checks the best gets the flat ?
Who pays for these credit checks,them or me ? Also do they have to give me any kind of deposit at this stage ?

Thanks

Colincbayley
01-06-2007, 16:29 PM
A good idea would be to take a note of all those interested. Don't hand out an application form there and then, just advise them that you have run out of forms and will pop one round to them the same evening.

That way you will get to see how they look after there current property.
Once you have decided on a tenant, get them to pay a non-refundable holding deposit to remove the property from the market.
It is up to you if you want to pass on the costs of the credit checks.