PDA

View Full Version : Verge of Nervous Breakdown with British Gas!

Lumocie
31-05-2007, 23:21 PM
Hello, may be better if I start at the beginning!......I let out a property via a letting agents which didnt go exactly to plan - Tennant didnt pay rent for 6 months - finally got him out via courts and when I got access to my property I discovered over £16k's worth of damage to property! One of which was a stolen hot water tank! I contacted all the Utilities companies immediately - as I could gather who was suppliers to the property via the unopened mail! And informed them of the meter readings as of my date of possession back of the property. I was told that I had to set my name to the accounts as the property was empty and I was the owner to I duly thought ok, as I had given the meter readings and no comsuption of any electricity or gas would be used for a forseeable future! Since then, (which was the 4th Jan 2007), I have recieved threats of legal action, asked to pay my tennants Gas bill and after numerous telephone calls and letters to BG I have discovered that when I called on the 4th Jan a new account was not set up - the person just changed the name to mine on the outstanding account. They also did not update with the new meter reading as of the 4th Jan and continued with an estimation. The meter reading on the 4th Jan is the exact same today due to the renovations being carried out and safety aspects! I am at the end of my tether and very distressed. I am now being threatened with Legal Action and I would be grateful if anyone would be kind enough to advise me on what steps I can take to sort this - what is a very simple situation - but obviously is rocket science to British Gas out.....
Many thanks

ESHIE
01-06-2007, 11:16 AM
I would take this up with the gas ombudsman. www.energy-ombudsman.org.uk. Mention to BG that you have now complained to the ombudsman as that usually attracts their attention.

Lumocie
01-06-2007, 17:55 PM
Hi, I spoke to BG this morning again!!! Confirmed that the bill gas been reversed but the system automatically sends out the threats and letters..... I should receive an amended bill stating '£O' due, within the next 5 days... however, I have put a letter together already as I have no faith in what they say! If I have to send this last letter it will be copied to 5 different managers/directors within BG, also Centrica, Energywatch and 3 TV consumer affairs programmes.
Im hoping it will be sorted out.
Thank you for your advice with my problem.

ESHIE
04-06-2007, 14:59 PM
No problem.

You should also ask for some compensation as a gesture of goodwill as a result of all the inconvenience you have suffered.

Good Luck.

J4L
04-06-2007, 18:31 PM
Think i'd be knocking on the door of the LA aswell.
If you have your initial agreement with them that states they will inform utilities etc, maybe you have a case against them.