PDA

View Full Version : tenants want to move in at different times

MDM
31-05-2007, 21:52 PM
I have just agreed to rent a house to four people and they are willing to come in on a single AST. However, 3 want to move on 30th June and 1 wants to move on the 17th June. However, the AST must start at the same time for all of them.

What is the best way to handle this ? I did think of a holiday let for the early bird for two weeks or so, but then my insurance doesn't cover holiday lets, has anyone got any alternative suggestions ?

Sportingdad
01-06-2007, 08:17 AM
As they are on one tenancy and are moving in one property, the tenancy starts on 17th of June...are the tenants trying to have one over you :eek: before they have moved in ???????????

MDM
01-06-2007, 09:18 AM
are the tenants trying to have one over you :eek: before they have moved in ???????????

No, I dont think so. The property is currently vacant, needs its gas and elec checks that kind of thing. The tenants are an unrelated group of people who have slightly different moving deadlines, but I want to synchronise them under one AST. I am trying to work out a way of doing this while still accomodating their moving dates. I would charge the early bird a pro-rata portion of the rent, just not sure how to set it up.

Colincbayley
01-06-2007, 10:18 AM
Keep it simple from your point of view, get them all to agree on one date and stick with it.

You will be making a rod for your own back if you complicate it too much.