PDA

View Full Version : Police break in /damage fixings.

rks
31-05-2007, 14:37 PM
Hi , had bad news today ...all i needed, police broke in to my rented house ,
causing damage to lock on front door damage nad to 4 fire doors, the person they were looking for left almost 2months ago without notification. Apparntley so police tell me they had a warrant and had seen th eperson recently going in and out of house ??? maybe he had cut a spare front door key i don't know , now having to change /repair /replace doors , very expensive . Where do i satnd please if anyone knows as to claim back damage caused ? Ploice are saying they were within there rights ?? but if they diod not arrest anyone nor find the person living there surely i have a case? Police officer told me i will have to submit a claim with receipts and they will consider it !

jeffrey
31-05-2007, 14:47 PM
Hi , had bad news today ...all i needed, police broke in to my rented house ,
causing damage to lock on front door damage nad to 4 fire doors, the person they were looking for left almost 2months ago without notification. Apparntley so police tell me they had a warrant and had seen th eperson recently going in and out of house ??? maybe he had cut a spare front door key i don't know , now having to change /repair /replace doors , very expensive . Where do i satnd please if anyone knows as to claim back damage caused ? Ploice are saying they were within there rights ?? but if they diod not arrest anyone nor find the person living there surely i have a case? Police officer told me i will have to submit a claim with receipts and they will consider it !

DUPLICATE POST- REPLY ON OTHER VERSION.