PDA

View Full Version : Rent Recovery Via Money Claim On Line

taheemr
24-05-2007, 14:52 PM
Hello all,

My T is moving out on Friday and has c£2k worth of back rent owing, I have her new address and wish to commence recovery of proceedings.

Can somone please confirm if I can still persue recovery on the basis that

1 - She has moved out of my flat.
2 - No contract now exists between us.

Also there is a Guarantor named, so I guess that G is also also implicated in the recovery process.

All replies appreciated.

pippay
24-05-2007, 16:14 PM
In my opinion ...

Hello all,

My T is moving out on Friday and has c£2k worth of back rent owing, I have her new address and wish to commence recovery of proceedings.

Can somone please confirm if I can still persue recovery on the basis that

1 - She has moved out of my flat. YES
2 - No contract now exists between us. You are recovering what is owed from a contract that DID exist, so carry on and sue.

Also there is a Guarantor named, so I guess that G is also also implicated in the recovery process. Have you already attempted to recover from the guarantor? If not I would do so now before taking legal action. The court will want to see that you have done everything possible to arrive at a solution before resorting to legal action. Other than that, yes include the Guarantor
All replies appreciated.

taheemr
26-05-2007, 11:11 AM
Hello all,

Without wanting to start a new thread, has anyone ever sold back rent owed to a debt recovery agancy, if so what considerations were taken into account by the debt collection guys.

Many Thanks