PDA

View Full Version : Gary Webber Article on S.21 Notices

Paul_f
18-07-2005, 19:40 PM
Cut and Paste this link into your browser and save it!

It's invaluable information on the service of Section 21 Notices, and we can point any poster on the site who needs such information in the right direction, which will save a lot of time and effort on my and many other's behalf!

http://www.propertylawuk.net/assuredshortholds21notices.html

Brilliant! :)

P.Pilcher
18-07-2005, 21:47 PM
Thanks Paul

P.P.

MrWoof
13-08-2005, 07:59 AM
Paul, I followed your link but am no wiser on this, I would appreciate it if you could clarify. I can use an S21(1) at the end of the fixed term and an S21(4) to end a periodic tenancy. Am I correct in thinking that an S21(1) must either say 'at the end of the term' or be dated 'After' the last date of the term as is an S21(4) and that a periodic tenancy necessitating an S21(4) arises immediately after the last date of an AST?

Paul_f
13-08-2005, 12:21 PM
Remember a S.21 (1)(b) served during the fixed term can end on any date but has to be at least two months ahead, but doesn't have to be at the end of a rent period. A S.21 (4)(a) Notice does have to be at the end of a rent period. Both types of Notice should require possession "after............XYZ date".

MrWoof
13-08-2005, 13:40 PM
Remember a S.21 (1)(b) served during the fixed term can end on any date but has to be at least two months ahead, but doesn't have to be at the end of a rent period. This is what has been confusing me, am I to understand then, that if I serve an S21 during the initial term, it must be S21 (1)(b) and the repossession date can be any time more than two months ahead and after the end of the initial term, to exaggerate, six months after the end of the initial term?