PDA

View Full Version : where to advertise a London flat to let

lawstudent
17-05-2007, 09:33 AM
Can anyone advise me of the best websites to advertise a London flat to let?

Nick
17-05-2007, 09:48 AM
www.gumtree.com has always worked well for me. have tried Loot a number of times but with no success

lawstudent
17-05-2007, 10:39 AM
Thanks Nick. Loot always used to be wonderful when advertising was free - it just goes to show the truth of the old saying: 'you don't get what you pay for'!

justaboutsane
17-05-2007, 10:40 AM
you have to be careful with Gumtree.. I had about 12 replies to my ad saying the property was "exactly what they were looking for"... as soon as I sent an application pack I never heard from them again..... or there were those that wanted to send me 6 months rent upfront without even seeing the place in an attempt to get out of the application stage! ... then they wanted money back etc!! I have been able to tick the box of every scam known to renting just by advertising on gumtree!!!

Uncle Fester
17-05-2007, 13:58 PM
Which part of London is your Flat?

lawstudent
17-05-2007, 14:05 PM
Wood Green N22

lawstudent
18-05-2007, 14:10 PM
well Uncle Fester? any ideas??

Nick
20-05-2007, 08:54 AM
perhaps these problems are location based. In London I've used gumtree to find 10 tenants in the last 12 months (also using applications) without experiencing any of these problems. as gumtree is free lawstudent might find it worth a try

you have to be careful with Gumtree.. I had about 12 replies to my ad saying the property was "exactly what they were looking for"... as soon as I sent an application pack I never heard from them again..... or there were those that wanted to send me 6 months rent upfront without even seeing the place in an attempt to get out of the application stage! ... then they wanted money back etc!! I have been able to tick the box of every scam known to renting just by advertising on gumtree!!!

Stel
23-05-2007, 17:22 PM
I have also used gumtree successfully several times always get a few "chancers" but that happens with Loot and various other sites too.