View Full Version : Safety checks

11-05-2007, 09:38 AM
I have just bought a buy-to-let.

What safety checks do I need to have done?

I have got the cp12 gas certificate.

Do I need an electrical inspection?


11-05-2007, 10:07 AM
The law only requires you to satisfy yourself that the electrial installation is safe. How you do that is up to you, however, should the fertiliser hit the ventillator, the judge should be satisfied if you can produce a report from a qualified electrician stating that the electrics were safe, so a word with your local electrician is advised.


11-05-2007, 16:33 PM
I have just bought a buy-to-let.

It would depend on the type of BLT building, John.