PDA

View Full Version : Landlord breach of AST

bilbobaggins
10-05-2007, 19:17 PM
Given a standard term of an AST is the right to peace & quiet, landlord must give 24 hours written notice, etc...

If i needed to proof that my ex-landlord always failed to provide 24 hours written notice on all occasions when entering property, surely the fact he couldn't provide copies of any notices would be proof enough?

Ta.

Ericthelobster
10-05-2007, 19:52 PM
Given a standard term of an AST is the right to peace & quiet, landlord must give 24 hours written notice, etc...

If i needed to proof that my ex-landlord always failed to provide 24 hours written notice on all occasions when entering property, surely the fact he couldn't provide copies of any notices would be proof enough?Well I suppose the LL could simply say he hadn't kept any copies - or alternatively I suppose he could produce faked copies as "proof"...!!?

Bel
10-05-2007, 23:26 PM
It is not enough for the LL to give you 24hr written notice; you must give your permission for him to enter. He should not enter without your permission.

To write; if I don't hear from you I will take that as confirmation, is not strictly good enough, but I should think many LL do not realise and think just the notice is good enough to let themselves in.

P.Pilcher
11-05-2007, 10:15 AM
This is harassment and you should take legal advice. A landlord cannot enter his tenanted property at ANY time without the tenant's permission except in an emergency irrespective of what it says in an AST. The clauses in an agreement which diminish your legal rights are not enforceable.

P.P.

bilbobaggins
13-05-2007, 20:21 PM
Thanks for the replies....

It's actually the case that my ex-landlord is taking me to court over a 'missing' item of furniture (which i left elsewhere in the house), and various other trumped-up claims.

The best thing for me is that there was never a written tenancy agreement, nor inventory (no check in, or check out).

Copy of his HMO Licence application states, by his own word - "some but not all tenants have tenancy agreement or inventory" :)

I'm just after as much evidence as possible to take to the Court and show he's not got a leg to stand in regarding his 'claim'.

lorenzo
13-05-2007, 20:27 PM
Thanks for the replies....

It's actually the case that my ex-landlord is taking me to court over a 'missing' item of furniture (which i left elsewhere in the house), and various other trumped-up claims.

The best thing for me is that there was never a written tenancy agreement, nor inventory (no check in, or check out).

Copy of his HMO Licence application states, by his own word - "some but not all tenants have tenancy agreement or inventory" :)

I'm just after as much evidence as possible to take to the Court and show he's not got a leg to stand in regarding his 'claim'.

No Inventory?

Bahahahahah! He's booogered.

bilbobaggins
13-05-2007, 21:18 PM
No Inventory?

Bahahahahah! He's booogered.

Yeah, i've realised that from various other posts i've read. Just want to find more 'nails for the coffin' :) Really can't believe that as, supposedly, an experienced landlord he's even taken it this far....

Ah well.... roll on the end of June!