PDA

View Full Version : Letting Websites in London

ringzer
09-05-2007, 11:10 AM
Hi,

I currently have a tenant in my property who is moving out at the end of June. He moved in last April when I bought the property having been found by an estate agent. When his lease was up, we agreed to let it roll over into a month to month AST (as I found out on this website :D) However, he now has to move out as he is being transferred to Australia.

I intend to rent the property myself, but am unsure of the best ways to do so. The apartment is in the Canary Wharf area of London. I have used www.gumtree.com a number of times to rent the parking space, but am not sure how useful it will be to rent the apartment on a year long lease. I have also come across www.moveflat.co.uk but there is a charge for this. I know there are a number of other websites such as www.primelocation.com and www.rightmove.co.uk but these seem to be limited to estate agents.

What other options do I have? What about newspapers? Evening Standard? Loot?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have just under 2 months to get this property rented, but I would like to it rented sooner, rather than later.

Thanks

RichieP
09-05-2007, 11:45 AM
We found excellent tenants through Gumtree, and it's free so you've got nothing to lose. Stick it on there now.