PDA

View Full Version : S8 Fall Back

taheemr
08-05-2007, 20:39 PM
Hello all,

I am awaiting a decesion on a s21 served some weeks ago now, I am not anticipating any issue however if it gets rejected can I then claim posession via the s8, note that

1 - The contract went periodic on the 10th Feb 07.
2 - The T has been persistantly late in paying rent since Dec 07, note that she is owes me £1100 in back rent.
3 - The T is not on HB but is a single mum.
If so what ground would I need to use and when could I start proceedings, finally does a s8 always get heard in court.

Thank you

lorenzo
08-05-2007, 20:51 PM
Hello all,

I am awaiting a decesion on a s21 served some weeks ago now, I am not anticipating any issue however if it gets rejected can I then claim posession via the s8, note that

1 - The contract went periodic on the 10th Feb 07.
2 - The T has been persistantly late in paying rent since Dec 07, note that she is owes me £1100 in back rent.
3 - The T is not on HB but is a single mum.
If so what ground would I need to use and when could I start proceedings, finally does a s8 always get heard in court.

Thank you
Rejected? S21 cannot be rejected unless improperly served/wrong dates or whatever.

Provided all is in order, she must move out ultimately. S8 is second best in your situation.

taheemr
08-05-2007, 20:58 PM
Lorenzo, the dates on my s21 are correct, I am perhaps concerned over nothing, I made sure that i followed all guidance notes.

Simple things like the fact that the s21 was served during an AST and expired during periodic but gave 2 clear months, will the judge pick up on the fact that the contract is now periodic etc, etc all cause me concern.

Thanks