PDA

View Full Version : Incentives for good tenants.

CoffeeCup
05-05-2007, 17:27 PM
Just wondered if you have considered/provided an incentive to good tenants renewing their contract?

I'm thinking a voucher for a meal out or something for the property.

Maybe the hard nosed business types out there will say no way but as an investment in a good tenant it could pay for itself many times over.

Paragon
05-05-2007, 19:11 PM
We gave a (good) bottle of wine to one of our tenants, at Christmas and when he moved out.

Absolutely perfect tenant - there for 3 years.

Same here and on their birthdays, as well.

CoffeeCup
05-05-2007, 20:54 PM
Nah, surely not. A moving out present? The incentive I was thinking was a way of say 'Thanks for being good tenants over the last year, I look forward to another year of the same'

Paragon they get a birthday presents? Hope you haven't got many HMO's you'll need shares in Clinton Cards.;)

Just to expand on my thinking ... I've been reviewing my financial affairs and stripping out the dead wood. What I mean by that is changing tariffs on phones, remortgaging, broadband etc etc.

On each occasion I've been put through to a re tensions person. They have offered all sorts of incentives to keep me as a customer. My reaction, 'If you wanted to keep my custom then you should have been proactive in keeping it'. It's quite probable that I would stay with a company that wasn't the cheapest but were prepared to show the value of my custom in some small way. Hence where we came in, an incentive for a tenant.

Tweedle Dum
05-05-2007, 23:01 PM
How about a rent break at Christmas? I always feel guilty collecting rents at Christmas lol.Mind you I think you better be well versed on your tenants different religious holidays.

CoffeeCup
06-05-2007, 12:29 PM
How about a rent break at Christmas? I always feel guilty collecting rents at Christmas lol.Mind you I think you better be well versed on your tenants different religious holidays.

'Rent breaks':eek: Tweedle Dum wash your mouth out immediately.

sharemaster2
08-05-2007, 13:59 PM
Hi Tweedle Dum,

Impressive with Rent Breaks indeed, so long as you can get your Mortgage Lender to do the same to you then pass it on to your Tennent!!!!:eek: Joker!!