PDA

View Full Version : attachment of earnings

westy
05-05-2007, 11:44 AM
does anyone know how much it costs to go down the attachment of earnings route?

Poppy35
05-05-2007, 12:02 PM
we have taken this route once and from what i can remember it does not cost anything. Have a look at the court service website and it should tell you the whole process.

good luck.

westy
05-05-2007, 12:04 PM
thank you,
i have just come off the court website and it states £65 for an application , i'm just wondering if that is it or are the any EXTRA's that i'm missing.

Did you get any joy from yours?

Poppy35
05-05-2007, 12:07 PM
no nothing extra. We got all of ours back within 10 months. The tenant had about £850 disposable income per month and said she could only afford to pat £25 per month, judge ordered her to pay £250 so it was all sorted in about 10 months.

westy
05-05-2007, 16:12 PM
Thanks for the reply

I am hopefully going to find out where she's working tonight. I think she only works a few nights a week in a residential home so she's not going to be on much money. I may not get anything from her but i just need to try, these people are getting away with things all the time if we don't chase them up.

westy
08-05-2007, 21:58 PM
I have spoken to the courts today and been informed that because my ex tenant is living with her daughter at the moment we cannot put anything in against her at that address as she is just staying there, also as she works part time she probably doesn't earn enough to get an AOE!

She has done this many times before and will probably do it again, the police do not want to know, the courts do not want to know either,she is just walking around doing as she please and living off other people.We are not worried about the money side of things, it's just the fact we cannot do anything to stop her doing this again.

Why is the law such an A**.We have done everything by the book, we are decent law abiding citizens as they say and we are the ones out of pocket and on our own. She is scum and doing as she pleases but if we had evicted her illegally we would face criminal charges. Surely someone somewhere has to realise this soon, our country is a complete JOKE!

Poppy35
09-05-2007, 12:38 PM
:mad: - quite right too!

dont bother with the aoe then just go for a claim against her for the money, which if she does not pay will give her a CCJ. Then she hopefully wont be able to let thru any LA's in the future and possibly also some private landlords providing they do checks on their prospective tenants.

Surely if thats her last known address thats where the notice can be served?