PDA

View Full Version : Replacing a back boiler..

jai
04-05-2007, 13:15 PM
Hey All,

Looking at purchasing a 3 bed end terrace with an old style back boiler heating system.

Question is do I need to replace the old system with a new style condensing/combi boiler system to pass the gas safety check? Or can I leave it as is?

I've tried Gritish Bas but they are no help (muppets!)

Miffy
05-05-2007, 06:47 AM
I have a back boiler in one of our properties and it has always passed the safety certificate (whilst a condensing boiler we have keeps getting mutters that it could do with replacing-not for safety but for reliability).

TaxationPete
05-05-2007, 07:13 AM
The boiler and the Flue/liner must be compliant. Many property still have Back boiler that are serviced by BG and other Corgi engineers. BG always try and tell you it need changing as the spares are difficult to get. They are form there BG Spares department but everyone else stocks them. Regards Peter

Poppy35
05-05-2007, 12:10 PM
was just about to post and saw Petes post and agree. some of our clients have a BB and BG are always saying "oh you need to get this replaced as we only hold 14 parts and 10 of these are screws" but if you shop around you can get spares.

as long as it been checked by a Corgi engineer and a pass certificate is issued it should be fine.