PDA

View Full Version : Section21/notice toquit

gnvqsos
08-07-2005, 12:14 PM
After approximately 15 tenancies I have to serve notice to quit.My tenant has been made an awardfor housing benefit below the market rents charged locally.I understand I must serve a section 21 notice on or before a rental day with two months notice in advance of a leaving date.Do I need to use a solicitor or can I buy a proforma document from a supplier of legal stationery?Furthermore can anyone advice me of the likely charge for this item of work.I am based in Sheffield so charges should be reasonable

dazalock
08-07-2005, 15:07 PM
As long as you serve the right notice on the right date, the s21 process is quite straightforward. Ill forward you the forms if you like. If you are unsure then get professional help.

MrWoof
08-07-2005, 15:14 PM
My tenant has been made an awardfor housing benefit below the market rents charged locally.Why do you want your tenant to leave? My tenants who are receiving Housing Benefit all have to pay a top up because HB does not cover the full rent I charge.

gnvqsos
08-07-2005, 18:52 PM
I do not think the couple can supplement their HB as neither work.They have already been late in theit payments and cheques have bounced.We have reached an amicable and mutual agreement but the council need a formal notice as they wish to register as homeless.If they could muster the exta I would be happy for them to stay but the decficit is £175 per month even though their rent was set 30 months ago and is probably £50 per month below the going rate.

MrWoof
08-07-2005, 19:47 PM
No problem, accept Dazalock's offer, make sure you either use the correct form or use a form that covers both AST and Periodic tenancies.

Jacob Oliver
11-07-2005, 09:18 AM
To Dazalock

Can you tell me please is their a web site address where you can download the S21 form. The reason for asking - I copied a previos S21 form but I just want to be sure that I have an updated version.

Thank you

Jacob Oliver

P.Pilcher
11-07-2005, 10:40 AM
As I am always posting: www.oyezformslink.co.uk. I ought to be on commission!

P.P.