PDA

View Full Version : got possession,now what?

coolestscottie
28-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Hi everyone,I've been to court and been granted possession of a flat I own.The tenant was given till last Friday to move but is still in the flat as I have looked through the letter box and all his stuff is still there.What happens now?

davidjohnbutton
28-04-2007, 10:40 AM
You pay another £95 to court and apply for a Warrant of Possession - then in something ranging from 1 to several weeks later, the bailiff will remove the tenant and hand over possession to you.

coolestscottie
28-04-2007, 10:46 AM
do I get to know what time the baillif will call as I have a set of keys to open the door

davidjohnbutton
28-04-2007, 11:15 AM
The bailiff will give you a time and date eventually at which you or your rep will be expected to attend to take possession after the eviction.

Ericthelobster
28-04-2007, 13:49 PM
do I get to know what time the baillif will call as I have a set of keys to open the doorBut make sure you bring some new keys too, to fit the new lock which you'll be fitting as the very first thing you do once you're back in the property...

davidjohnbutton
29-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Search my postings - I have given advice from my own personal experiences of what to do/what to take to an eviction.

Advice like parking your car in the next street (to prevent the tenant trashing it), change of clothing (in case you get something thrown over you) tools for lock changing/forcing entry if required etc.

And, irrespective of what the bailiff says - if you expect trouble - have the police attend - a discreet presence at the end of the street or a few doors away is an excellent breach of the peace stopper - they can shove a few crimestoppers leaflets through adjacent doors whilst keeping an eye on your situation!