PDA

View Full Version : Exam next week, ask me lots of questions!

ziggy
06-07-2005, 10:54 AM
I am sitting my final exam next week for my diploma in residential letting & property management. Revision is sooo tedious! Come on - ask me lots of 'exam type' questions!!

Plusabit
06-07-2005, 11:10 AM
OK Ziggy
If i had a flat let out on a ast now periodic, and the tenant gave me notice and left, i then find out that the "boyfriend" who I did not know was living with her, was refusing to move, how would i get him out?
Good luck with the exam did you do it on line or at a college?

ziggy
06-07-2005, 11:24 AM
Thank you :)

As the boyfriend had no contractual agreement to be in the property, then I think he would be considered a squatter (providing no rent had been accepted from him), and could be asked to leave. If he refused then a court order to evict him could be sought quite quickly.

I completed the course by distance learning (assignments), but have to go to London for the written exam

dazalock
06-07-2005, 13:12 PM
Ziggy, what course was it and who runs it?

Here's a question: On 28 April 2005 on your way home from work at 6.00 p.m. you hand deliver a S.21 notice through the letterbox at the tenant's address giving him notice to end a periodic AST after 30 June 2005. Will this be valid?

:D

oaktree
06-07-2005, 13:46 PM
Ziggy, what course was it and who runs it?

Here's a question: On 28 April 2005 on your way home from work at 6.00 p.m. you hand deliver a S.21 notice through the letterbox at the tenant's address giving him notice to end a periodic AST after 30 June 2005. Will this be valid?

:Dnice try Dazzalock :D

ngadef
07-07-2005, 10:55 AM
Surely he is not a squatter because the tenant let him in

He would only be a squatter if you had gained vacant possession & then he started to live there

He is an unauthorised occupant.....

So who do you take to court? Him or your tenant?

Or just send the boys round?

ziggy
07-07-2005, 11:19 AM
OK, so what is the difference betwen an unauthorised occupant & a squatter?

ngadef
07-07-2005, 12:09 PM
I think I already said?

An unauthorised occupant is some one let into the dwelling by a tenant & left in occupation

A squatter gains entrance to the dwelling after tenant has give the landlord vacant possession & the tenancy has ended

So the sataus of the occupant is different & you can follow a different legal route

MrWoof
07-07-2005, 20:04 PM
But if you want a phone number for the boys.................................

Plusabit
08-07-2005, 07:12 AM
Good luck with the exam ziggy.

Q.- If after the tenancy agreement is signed by tenant and agent, and the landlords name is incorrect, what can be done to ammend the situation?

ziggy
08-07-2005, 08:42 AM
This is an educated guess!

I would correct the name by hand, and have both agent & tenant sign & date the correction

Amanda
08-07-2005, 09:08 AM
I'm doing that exam as well! I have done my revision and have the advantage of working in a lettings environment every day.

Good luck - might run into you!