PDA

View Full Version : Corgi Gas Cert

Colin Mustard
12-03-2007, 12:30 PM
Is the 'Corgi Gas Certificate' registered?

If I was to loss it, would I be able to prove it was done? :(

Many Thanks

Colin

Poppy
12-03-2007, 12:43 PM
Ask the certifying engineer for a copy. Expect to pay a fee for this.

Colin Mustard
12-03-2007, 15:38 PM
Sadly the certifying engineer passed away in November!!! :(

is there anything else I can do?

jeffrey
12-03-2007, 16:14 PM
Did engineer not leave paperwork re inspection/certification? Surely his employers must have it. Even if he was self-employed, he ought to have kept records (and does CORGI not require record-keeping anyway, to cover any dispute case or possible litigation within - say - six years of work?)

Ericthelobster
12-03-2007, 17:35 PM
You should also retain copies of previous years tests just in case!You're legally obliged to do so anyway - not sure for how long: 2 years maybe?

caroline7758
12-03-2007, 20:01 PM
Oops, just in time- put one in the bin today, best fish it out!

Colin Mustard
12-03-2007, 21:15 PM
Is there a particular reason you need it? Is a tenant claiming it is unsafe?

Letting agent requesting copy

You should sort out a decent filing system so important documents like these are not lost in the cracks, if you have not already done so. You should also retain copies of previous years tests just in case!

It was burnt in a fire

Also he didn't leave any paper work...Well, that was what his wife told me anyway :(

Poppy
13-03-2007, 16:15 PM
Is there a particular reason you need it?

Letting agent requesting copy
Spoke to my regular CORGI gas engineer. He said to be perfectly legal you need to pay for another gas safety test right now.

If there wasn't a pressing need for a copy of the certificate the engineer also suggested, if the tenant had a copy and is not currently baying for copies and you know roughly when the last test was performed, then you could have the next test done at roughly the time you would have done anyway. Just keep quiet about the missing one.

Sounds like you'll have to pay for another test immediately.

Next time be a lot more careful with statutory obligations and documents. Ignorance is not a defence.

PS. Hope you kept the receipts for all this expenditure so that it can be offset against your tax bill…