PDA

View Full Version : Periodic Tenancy

SteveC
06-03-2007, 21:15 PM
I have a tenant on an Assured Shorthold Tenancy, which will revert to a Periodic Tenancy after 6 months.

Is there a standard letter anywhere that I could use, letting the tenant know that the tenancy is reverting to a Periodic Tenancy.
I dont want to issue a new Assured Shorthold Tenancy, as I would no longer be allowed to keep the deposit with the changes that are taking place in April.

Worldlife
07-03-2007, 07:13 AM
There is no need for a formal letter as if the tenant remains at the property after the fixed term the tenancy automatically becomes a periodic one.

Ericthelobster
07-03-2007, 08:30 AM
There is no need for a formal letter as if the tenant remains at the property after the fixed term the tenancy automatically becomes a periodic one.But still worth writing to the tenant briefly letting them the situation; ie that the tenancy remains in force as before, and explaining the terms of notice. Most tenants don't get it (especially if they've only ever been in agent-managed properties before ;) ) and would start worrying they had no tenancy agreement.

SteveC
07-03-2007, 16:38 PM
Thank you for responding

SteveC
07-03-2007, 16:39 PM
Thank you for responding. I will send a letter because the tenant will expect something