PDA

View Full Version : If I know their whereabouts how do I get unpaid rent back ?

jimmynitcher
02-03-2007, 17:44 PM
I am waiting for the court/bailiff thing to run its course with a tenant who won't move out or pay rent - my solicitor tells me that there is little hope of getting the three months owed back, but my tenant has a website and busks for a living ( I know, but my wife got him in) so I could easily find out where he is.
What do you need to get the money back?

thanks

J

attilathelandlord
02-03-2007, 18:47 PM
If he busks for a living it is unlikely you will get much money back. You are wasting your time. It will cost you money every step of the way.

Put it down to experience, you can put bad debts against taxable income and then move on.

DianeB
02-03-2007, 21:20 PM
Wouldn't it be good though, if we all made the stand and put CCJ's against these people. Maybe then we could start chipping away at them, help eachother and stop them getting away with it again.

curmudgeon
02-03-2007, 22:48 PM
I'm sorry, but I've had a spectacular image of trying to get attachment of earnings enforced against a busker. Do you hid round a corner, an dthen whenever someoneone throws acoin into the instrument case, you can run round the corne and grab it?

jimmynitcher
03-03-2007, 13:19 PM
Yes its ridiculous isn't it - he is a musician with a website, CD, agent, but his considerable income comes from a licensed busking site in the West End of London.

We were intending to sell the flat to him originally, he took so long the market changed and we changed our minds - he got the hump and now he's getting his pound of flesh, he has mentioned 'harrassment' to me over the phone, so I'm expecting some sort of fabricated defense, (unless calling on th ephone to ask for unpaid rent counts as harrassment) so I suppose it may drag on even longer.

Thanks for your thoughts, even if its negative, it can help me move on, most of the time I'm consumed with anger - I feel so helpless, I don't really understand why something so clear cut (non-payment of rent) has to take so long to be resolved.

cheers

j

jimmynitcher
03-03-2007, 13:27 PM
I don't know what a CCJ is, but one of his references states how easily he could manage our not inconsiderable rent (fashionable part of town).

Is that any use?

j

Paragon
03-03-2007, 13:40 PM
Is he one of these guys who sits around blowing on a flute, dressed in raggity clothes, looking as though he hasn't eaten in a week, and then comes clock out time, changes into pin stripped suit and jumps into his BMW?

davidjohnbutton
03-03-2007, 14:38 PM
Pu a strong objection in to the local athority opposing the continuance of his busking site lcence!!!!!

jimmynitcher
03-03-2007, 16:37 PM
What is the point of lodging a defense of harrassment? Is it just to delay things?

thanks folks

J

Ericthelobster
03-03-2007, 17:25 PM
He's quite a deluded person, the self-importance displayed on his site is hilarious, he attributes something of his love of the blues to being touched soon after his birth by a passing black man (he has a one word quote from Eric Clapton on there saying he is 'lovely'!?) he's also a recoverd acoholic AND drug addict! Sadly I wasn't aware of this until recently.

http://##########.co.uk/biog.html if you want a laugh.

[snip]

What is the point of lodging a defense of harrassment?

For goodness sake do yourself a favour and remove the URL from your last post! You say you're worried about him falsely accusing you of harrassing you - then you go and splash details about the guy across this forum, naming and shaming him in public and adding in details of his health problems too. How do you think that's going to look in court when he tells the judge?

jimmynitcher
04-03-2007, 10:11 AM
OK - sorry, feeling bitter, looking for support/not thinking legally etc,
thanks for your advice -
now can you remove yours?
thanks
j

Paragon
04-03-2007, 10:29 AM
Jimmy -
I removed mine that referenced a pub.

jimmynitcher
04-03-2007, 12:32 PM
OK thanks,

just waiting on eric to remove the quote now...

lawd

J

Ericthelobster
04-03-2007, 17:48 PM
just waiting on eric to remove the quote now...
I deliberately omitted full URL from my post, so the errant tenant can't be identified now. (but please don't tell me "Jimmy Nitcher is your real name?! :eek: )

jeffrey
05-03-2007, 11:18 AM
I deliberately omitted full URL from my post, so the errant tenant can't be identified now. (but please don't tell me "Jimmy Nitcher is your real name?! :eek: )

Or that "Ericthelobster" is yours?