PDA

View Full Version : downloadable assured tenancy agreement

kidsan
28-02-2007, 14:15 PM
hi, i am new to this forum so hello to all.
I need to draw up new tenancy agreements with my tenants (my old agreement dates back 20 years!) and was wondering where i can find a suitable document online that i can download(prefererably free)

Any advice?

jeffrey
28-02-2007, 14:22 PM
hi, i am new to this forum so hello to all.
I need to draw up new tenancy agreements with my tenants (my old agreement dates back 20 years!) and was wondering where i can find a suitable document online that i can download(prefererably free)

Any advice?

Re your heading: sorry to be pedantic, but do you mean:
a. Assured Tenancy [ie Standard Assured Tenancy]; or
b. Assured Shorthold Tenancy?

kidsan
28-02-2007, 14:24 PM
sorry, should have been clearer. It's a :

Assured Shorthold Tenancy

kidsan
28-02-2007, 14:35 PM
thanks rigsby. That looks like good advice but there is a slight problem registering as the landlord is actually a company name which is not possible to register with (it asks for a 1st name and surname.)

Let me try a slightly different question. Can i use the assured shorthold tenancy agreement that i have from 5 years ago or has there been any significant changes that would necessitate getting a current form?

jeffrey
28-02-2007, 14:59 PM
thanks rigsby. That looks like good advice but there is a slight problem registering as the landlord is actually a company name which is not possible to register with (it asks for a 1st name and surname.)

Let me try a slightly different question. Can i use the assured shorthold tenancy agreement that i have from 5 years ago or has there been any significant changes that would necessitate getting a current form?

A. You first stated "20 years ago".
B. Lots of changes since 1987. Not many since 2002.

Worldlife
28-02-2007, 15:14 PM
See discussion on Lawpack tenancy agreement (http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=3953)

In my experience I have found the Lawpack agreement clear and easy to understand by both the landlord and tenant.

It is available in a pack from leading stationers and the guidance notes in that pack are invaluable and will bring you up to date with current requirements.

I have not read an alternative downloadable AST that is so concise and fair to both parties.