PDA

View Full Version : Rent spreadsheet

smandir
27-02-2007, 17:51 PM
Has anyone got a good rent spreadsheet that they wouldn't mind sharing with me.

thanks

smandir
28-02-2007, 20:23 PM
The spreadsheet you sent me was for weekly rent.

Has anyone got a monthly rent spreadsheet?

raw
27-10-2010, 14:38 PM
Anyone have a decent template with regards to logging rent in and costs to a property?

Or is it best to create your own?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

theartfullodger
27-10-2010, 16:40 PM
Yes.

Yes.

I simply note rent in - date, amount, if late & for expenditure not everything initially in date order & put all receipts in a file... Then for tax return go over both, plus bank accounts & credit card bills are develop the spreadsheet into one split by HMRC box-numbers..then leave "last" years as a old sheet etc. etc...

Think the important thing is to keep records, obsessively just-in-case. There are various silver-tongued "consultants" who claim to have fab. software for doing these things automagically.. Me? I'm an old cynic.

P.Pilcher
27-10-2010, 18:39 PM
I wrote a very simple Excel rents workbook years ago. One sheet for each property. One section for rents received, one section for essential outgoings - insurance, Gas safe inspections, ground rent, service charges, agent's fees and so on then another section for incidential rxpenses - repairs and maintenance e.t.c. Summary totals from these sheets were then pasted to a summary spreadsheet for analasys purposes. Copies of these are then furnished to my accountant who sorts out my tax man.

P.P.

rajeshk4u
27-10-2010, 22:46 PM
Excel has its strengths, but to be honest, it is best to use an accounting software like Quickbooks, because you can generate invoices / statements to provide to tenants if they fall in arrears.

Also, handly for checks and balances e.g. do your bank statements tally with say your accounting software.

The Accounting software is a handy to look up information. Say if the washing machine break downs, you check when it was last repaired (based on previous bills) or even if it is under guarantee.

raw
28-10-2010, 08:46 AM
jeffrey - I did perform a search and read the results, but nothing of great help.
theartfullodger & P.Pilcher - thanks for your helpful input - i'm going to dust of my Excel skills and give it a whirl.
rajeshk4u - thank you, think i'll give Excel a try and if it doesn't work out i'll look to invest in something like QuickBooks.

Thanks for your help!