PDA

View Full Version : Extention to let

riteshprk
20-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Hello

My friend who is owner of one semi-detached house like to built an extension to the house and then to let the extension as studio flat. The extension would be single room with seperate kitchen and bathroom. Will it possible to let the extension as seperate studio falt/house. Please advise

Regards
Riteshprk

jeffrey
20-02-2007, 12:26 PM
Hello

My friend who is owner of one semi-detached house like to built an extension to the house and then to let the extension as studio flat. The extension would be single room with seperate kitchen and bathroom. Will it possible to let the extension as seperate studio falt/house. Please advise

Regards
Riteshprk

Are you asking about:
i. planning legislation; or
ii. title deeds' requirements?

Paragon
20-02-2007, 12:54 PM
Are you asking that it be registered as a separate unit? E.Q. Your address is 12 Glendale. The studio's address is 12 A. And, therefore, there will be a separate council tax banding for the studio?

riteshprk
20-02-2007, 12:59 PM
No , I do not want to registered as seperate unit. I would like to include in example: 12, Glendale. No seperate address. And then to let the unit to third person is it possible?

Poppy
20-02-2007, 13:10 PM
Yes it's perfectly possible.

Can't comment about planning permission to be obtained in the first place. Have you gone through that process yet?

riteshprk
20-02-2007, 13:16 PM
No, I don't have any idea about planning permission ? Is it necessary ? How to obtain planning permission. Is it the part of legal process? Please let me know in detail.

Thanks
RITESHPRK

Poppy
20-02-2007, 13:18 PM
Well, the very first thing you need to do is contact your local authority planning department and their building regulations department.