PDA

View Full Version : Ending a Tenancy - Please help

jrowley
01-06-2005, 13:49 PM
I am currently renting a 2 bedroom flat. I have a problem tenant on 1 year tenancy agreement.

I undersatand that I can serve a notice ( not a section 21 ) to ensure the tenant leaves the property even though he still has another 4 months on the tenency as he is in arrears with his rent.

I cannot contact the tenant and have heard from one of his associates that he may be serving a sentance in prison.

Please help if anyone knows what notice it is I can serve on him to make him leave.

Thank you

PaulF
01-06-2005, 17:57 PM
I am currently renting a 2 bedroom flat. I have a problem tenant on 1 year tenancy agreement.

I understand that I can serve notice (not a S.21) to ensure the tenant leaves the property even though he still has another 4 months on the tenency as he is in arrears with his rent. You might be able to serve a S.8 Notice for 2 months or more arrears but not if he's detained at HM's pleasure!

I cannot contact the tenant and have heard from one of his associates that he may be serving a sentence in prison.If you have reason to believe this then contact the Home Office with his details.

Please help if anyone knows what notice it is I can serve on him to make him leave. Only an order of the court can "make" him leave.