PDA

View Full Version : terminating a tenancy on periodic AST

josie
30-05-2005, 16:21 PM
i wish to terminate an AST which is running periodically and has done for some time. looking at the tenancy agreement it isn't specific about how much notice i am required to give the tenant. currently the rent is payable per calendar month. should i give 1 calendar month's notice, 2 months, 28 days,56 or am i not obliged to even give that long? :confused: i don't wish to be unfair to the tenant but he has been a problem from day 1 and i can't wait to re-rent the property. :)

MrWoof
30-05-2005, 18:37 PM
You must give the tenant at least two calendar months notice. The initial tenancy period should have run from (for example) the 14th of a month to the 13th of a later month. In this case, your notice would read that you require possession After the 13th of a month.

Paul_f
30-05-2005, 18:52 PM
Josie. I don't know why you didn't use the search facility or look up how to do this from the home page where all the information exists. I guess people are just too lazy or don't know their way round the site - mind you it's not difficult!

josie
21-06-2005, 11:50 AM
thanx very much mr woof (i was hoping to give him less notice but never mind!)
and sorry paul_f :o , i don't know my way around this site yet - i'm a new member. i will be having a good look around over the next few weeks. :)