PDA

View Full Version : On a AST contract tenant wants to leave bef 6 moth what to do ?

missel
26-05-2005, 23:06 PM
Hello

Some people say i shouldn't give her the deposit back if the tenant decides to leave the house before the expiry of the 6 months contract, some others say say iam in breach of the AST Rules.
mmmh, any AST expert here perhaps could help on this with name of clause and articles numbers to proof it.
Can anybody then give one month notice and just go like that ?
can the AST be modified by adding a clause that clearly states : "If leaving before six months, deposit shall not be returned" ?

Thanx

PaulF
27-05-2005, 07:48 AM
Look Missel. There's so much on this forum about leaving a tenancy early that all your questions are answered there about rights of the landlord & the tenant! Can't you read these first instead of waffling on? They are known as the rules of common law.

And the answer to your last question is No!

missel
27-05-2005, 08:33 AM
yes paul thanx

i ahve no time to read them all
if you could please indicate me the section where all these threads are i'll appreciate

regards

ghjion

Jennifer_M
27-05-2005, 10:15 AM
i ahve no time to read them all

:confused: But you expect people to take the time to do it for you ?

At the top of the forum there are buttons including a search one, just use it !

lucyitswd
28-05-2005, 00:07 AM
If you have a fixed term tenancy you will only be able to give notice during the fixed term if your tenancy agreement says it is allowed. (tenant point of view)

http://england.shelter.org.uk/advice/advice-2934.cfm