PDA

View Full Version : loft conversions without planing permision?

david3331
06-12-2006, 21:54 PM
Hi I've reading in a local newspaper (london) that homeowers will be allowed to build loft conversions without planning permision but subjet to building control regulations.
Has some one more information about about this proposal legal changes?
I am planing to make a mansard roof in my house do we have to wait for a long time before we hear something oficial?

regards

pdk
07-12-2006, 09:40 AM
There are permitted Dev rights already in place to build loft extensions, but it depends how big and muts not be on the road side of the house... Rather than me spout all the regs it would be best if you contacted your planning dept...

Hope that helps, but come back to me if you want something more...

PETER

jeffrey
07-12-2006, 10:53 AM
HM Govt. announced proposed changes in planning law (not yet in force).
Were you referring to those?

pdk
07-12-2006, 11:01 AM
No, the existing PD rights...There is so much planning guidance and policy coming out at the moment that I only concentrate on what is actually new/adopted and not just proposals!!

PETER

pdk
07-12-2006, 11:02 AM
No, the existing PD rights...There is so much planning guidance and policy coming out at the moment that I only concentrate on what is actually new/adopted and not just proposals!!

PETER

NavSG
07-01-2007, 20:59 PM
You are allowed 50 cubic meters of permitted development for a terraced house. Semi's and detached properties are allowed 75 cubic metres.

Aslong as you're with these amounts, you dont need planning permission, the work will however need to meet Building Regulations Approval. Either way you still have to submit plans and fees to your local Building Control dept !