PDA

View Full Version : PCOL template anyone?

philiet
27-12-2011, 22:49 PM
Hello,

On the 5th I have to fill out the PCOL system. Section 8 is served over unpaid rent over 8 weeks.

Does anyone know of any templates or examples that can help me fill out the boxes properly? Don't want to leave anything to chance. Or write it in a stupid way which means the court throw it out etc.

Any help would be most appreciated.

phil

Snorkerz
27-12-2011, 22:54 PM
"8 weeks" is rent reserved weekly or fortnightly?

https://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk/pcol/help/hlp.do
this may be useful too http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?26507-Issued-Section-8-and-now-PCOL-some-advice-please

philiet
28-12-2011, 09:05 AM
She pays weekly and there are over 8 weeks where she hasn't paid,

Snorkerz
28-12-2011, 09:38 AM
She pays weekly and there are over 8 weeks where she hasn't paid,

Is she still in contract, or is she on a periodic tenancy? If the former, does the contract state that you can use section 8, ground 8?

Does she receive housing benefit?

Have you provided a rent book?

philiet
28-12-2011, 10:19 AM
Is she still in contract, or is she on a periodic tenancy? If the former, does the contract state that you can use section 8, ground 8?

Does she receive housing benefit?

Have you provided a rent book?

Yes she still is in contract. And yes it states that we can use section 8 ground 8.

She doesnt recieve benefit.

We did not provide a rent book. All moneies go into my current account.

Snorkerz
28-12-2011, 10:31 AM
Then before you take any further action, you need to provide a rent book - a legal requirement for weekly tenancies.

Hope the links were useful.

philiet
28-12-2011, 14:58 PM
Thank you so much. The links were very useful much appreciated!

So, in regards to the rent book. Shall i fill it in with everything thats been paid so far and send it to her? Will that cover me?

p

Snorkerz
28-12-2011, 15:02 PM
Thank you so much. The links were very useful much appreciated!

So, in regards to the rent book. Shall i fill it in with everything thats been paid so far and send it to her? Will that cover me?

pIronically, your only obligation is to provide a rent book. Buy one from WHSmiths or your local stationer and post it to the tenant. Get a proof of posting from the PO to prove you have done so.

philiet
05-01-2012, 18:24 PM
hi guys,

Well she hasn't paid or moved out so im now filling out the PCOL online form.

First thing which has confused me is this:

Unpaid rent should be calculated at *

It says 'Amount Per Day' to the left. Im confused at this. Anyone?

philiet
05-01-2012, 18:39 PM
Ive attached a screen grab of my PCOL. Do you think thats enough?

p

grouse
05-01-2012, 20:11 PM
For daily rate I would just divide the weekly rate by 7.
This is used to calculate the rent owed between the court date and actual possession.
Under recovery steps already taken I would try and state the date of each step. You are trying to show you have done everything possible before resorting to court action.