PDA

View Full Version : Section 8 served via online company

philiet
26-12-2011, 21:12 PM
Hello all,

I'm new here.

Standard problem. Nightmare tenant, Over 2 months in arrears, leaves rubbish in garden. No communications, changed phones etc.

SO,

I used these guys to issue a Section 8: www.harveyingramonline.co.uk

They sent it by recorded post and she has till the 5th of January to pay up or leave.

She sends me a typical letter saying she's starting a better paid jobs and promising to pay arrears in blocks of 500 over coming months. I've heard it all before.

The tenancy is up in April.

Has anyone experience using this company? The next step seems to involve paying them over 500 quid for the court proceedings. IS this standard price?

How long does it take usually from here?

Cheers

p

Snorkerz
26-12-2011, 22:06 PM
Hello all,

I'm new here.

Standard problem. Nightmare tenant, Over 2 months in arrears, leaves rubbish in garden. No communications, changed phones etc.

SO,

I used these guys to issue a Section 8: www.harveyingramonline.co.uk (http://www.harveyingramonline.co.uk)

They sent it by recorded post and she has till the 5th of January to pay up or leave.

She sends me a typical letter saying she's starting a better paid jobs and promising to pay arrears in blocks of 500 over coming months. I've heard it all before.

The tenancy is up in April.

Has anyone experience using this company? The next step seems to involve paying them over 500 quid for the court proceedings. IS this standard price?

How long does it take usually from here?

Cheers

pThat price will include presumably someone to fill in the cort paperwork, the services of a solicitor in court and (hopefully) the £175 court fee. It won't be a fixed price though - many s8 hearings are adjourned etc, and if 2 court hearings happen, the solicitor will need paying twice...

It can be DIYed with lots of help available on this forum. It will cost you £175 (or £100 if you use www.possessionclaim.gov.uk (http://www.possessionclaim.gov.uk)) and you will have to represent yourself in court. This isn't some medieval process, reasonably straightforward, but you need to know your facts.

Whether you DIY or not will not affect the timescales. These are predominantly dependant on the busy-ness of your local court. Lets say the hearing will be 6 weeks after you submit your application. Assuming it is straightforward and possession is granted then the judge will give the tenant at least 2 weeks to vacate - maybe up to 6 weeks. If T does not leave when the judge orders, then you will need to organise bailiffs. This will cost a further £110 (probably more if you get a solicitor to do it) and, as the bailiffs work on an appointment system and do not only do possessions, that may be a further 4-6 weeks.