PDA

View Full Version : How do you sell a profitable investment property in today's market?

btldave
22-12-2011, 11:02 AM
We have a single property which is licensed as an HMO (C4) and is very successful, very profitable yet really hard to sell.
Can anyone recommend a route to find the right kind of person who might be interested in such an investment for the medium to long term?
We also have a lovely property in the centre of Portugal and a €50,000.00 project there waiting on the back burner hence the need to get some capital out of the house.
All help and advice would be appreciated.

mind the gap
22-12-2011, 17:01 PM
Most properties are very hard to sell at the moment.

Perhaps you are asking too much.

What kind of property is it (flat, house, etc), whereabouts in the country, how much are you asking and how much is the monthly rental income?

midlandslandlord
22-12-2011, 17:04 PM
We have a single property which is licensed as an HMO (C4) and is very successful, very profitable yet really hard to sell.
Can anyone recommend a route to find the right kind of person who might be interested in such an investment for the medium to long term?
We also have a lovely property in the centre of Portugal and a €50,000.00 project there waiting on the back burner hence the need to get some capital out of the house.
All help and advice would be appreciated.

Get all the addresses off your local HMO register and ring round?

See who is buying HMOs?

Look at people doing Planning Applications in the area?

ML

oaktree
23-12-2011, 12:16 PM
It may be profitable to you but is it going to be profitable to a new buyer? We just had a similar scenario where a landlord tried selling a 'profitable' btl property that he was getting an 18% return on. I had to explain to him that if would only remain that profitable to a buyer if he sold it for the same cost as he bought it; he just couldn't see that selling it for the market price would reduce the average yield down to 5%! Still doesn't agree with me.

Bel
24-12-2011, 14:34 PM
It may be profitable to you but is it going to be profitable to a new buyer? We just had a similar scenario where a landlord tried selling a 'profitable' btl property that he was getting an 18% return on. I had to explain to him that if would only remain that profitable to a buyer if he sold it for the same cost as he bought it; he just couldn't see that selling it for the market price would reduce the average yield down to 5%! Still doesn't agree with me.

I thought that was hilarious! Cheered me up.