PDA

View Full Version : Rent change date

spare
14-12-2011, 16:09 PM
Hi
I have a tenant that it just about to go onto a periodic dated 21st of the month. She wants to change the rent due date to 01st of the month, ie eleven days later, what would be the best way to do this.
Cheers

Ericthelobster
14-12-2011, 16:41 PM
I have a tenant that it just about to go onto a periodic dated 21st of the month. She wants to change the rent due date to 01st of the month, ie eleven days later, what would be the best way to do this.The best way forward is not to change things, because when you or she ultimately wants to give the other notice to leave, there will be ambiguity over when the correct dates are, and it will inevitably end in tears (especially if you were end up having to reposess legally)...

Snorkerz
14-12-2011, 19:32 PM
I agree with EtL - however, if the tenant takes it upon herself to constantly pay the rent 11 days late then there is not much you can do.

One option would be to sign a new fixed term tenancy agreement on the 1st of the month, paying a month in advance as usual, having taken a part-months rent on the previous 21st.

spare
14-12-2011, 20:33 PM
Would it be ok to let her pay the 11days rent and then do a new contract for one month and then let her go on to periodic after that from the 01 st of each month as she wants to be on periodic.

Snorkerz
14-12-2011, 20:56 PM
Yes, an AST can be for any length of time.