PDA

View Full Version : Signed Inventory

icecool
13-12-2011, 21:10 PM
I have just left a rented house. I had rented the accomadation for 6 years. I had an inventery inspection when I first moved in and had one when I moved out. The Company working on behalf of the landlord, are still holding my deposit which I have chased. There are bits that I will have to pay for on the inventry, which I have no issue with. However, I recieved an e-mail from the Company yesterday, 1 month and 3 days after the inventry had been signed off to say that the Landlord had visited the premises and had found that the back door had been broken and that I would have to pay for the repair to be made. Have I got any legal right to say no to this cost, on the inventry there was no issue found, (which took 4 hours to complete) or would I have to pay??? It seems to me that this should of been picked up on at the inventry, I was not aware the door was broken and in 1 month a lot can happen???? Please advise.

Snorkerz
13-12-2011, 21:43 PM
If your deposit is protected in a scheme you could certainly dispute this with the scheme on the basis that the landlords report does NOT reflect the condition of the property at the end of the tenancy. If no protection, you could sue but there is more risk with that option.