PDA

View Full Version : Corrret date for Section 21 Notice

margaretkellett
11-12-2011, 09:06 AM
If the tenancy started on the 27th of February 2010 and it is a statutory periodic tenancy and I am serving a Section 21 Notice tommorow what date should I put on the form ?

Mrs Mug
11-12-2011, 09:15 AM
How long was the tenancy for, 6/12 months?
Did the tenancy have an end date? If yes, dd/mm/yy?
Have you protected the deposit, and given the tenant the prescribed information?

margaretkellett
11-12-2011, 09:29 AM
It was a 6 month shorthold tenancy with no specific date to end. Tenant did not pay a deposit. The tenant is not paying the rent at the moment we have agreed amicably that they will pay the rent arrears over the next 2 months and leave at the end of January but I am worried that they will not leave as agreed and will not pay the arrears. I thought I would serve the section 21 notice and then if they did not pay the rent as agreed I would issue possesion proceedings giving them the 2 weeks notice ?

Snorkerz
11-12-2011, 13:57 PM
The section 21 notice would expire "after 26th February 2012" - the word after is essential.

If the tenant owes at least 2 months rent you can issue a section 8 notice and commence a court application just after Xmas.

No deposit suggests it may be a HMO property. Is it? Do you need a license? Do you have one?

margaretkellett
11-12-2011, 14:23 PM
It is not a HMO it is my house that I moved out of when I got married I have rented it out for 10 years without any problems until now. The current tenants are friends of a friend and did not have money for a bond but they have never paid the rent on time and it seems like it has all backfired. I feel much better having found this forum I am still hoping to sort things out amicably but at least now I know what to do next.