PDA

View Full Version : No Inventory Supplied

Lobby1
05-12-2011, 19:49 PM
Hi All,

I am currently renting a furnished house.

When the LA did the key hand over on the first day, they shoved a document in front of me and said can you sign this to say that you are happy with the state of the house. I did not sign as I didn't feel comfortable without seeing the inventory. I was told it would be sent in the post shortly. This has never arrived, and I've chased it up a few times.

My question is, when I vacate the house (Few weeks time), how can I argue what was in the house in terms of furniture, equipment and the state of such items? If they have say for example a microwave on the inventory, but there wasn't one in the house when we moved, what can be done?

I'm assuming everything should be OK, but on the off chance the inventory (That I have recently requested again) isn't an accurate reflection of the house/contents, who is liable for what?

fyi - I never did end up signing to agree that I am happy with the state of the house. Whether this matter sor not, I don't know.

Cheers,

Lobby.

Ericthelobster
05-12-2011, 20:20 PM
When the LA did the key hand over on the first day, they shoved a document in front of me and said can you sign this to say that you are happy with the state of the house. I did not sign as I didn't feel comfortable without seeing the inventory. I was told it would be sent in the post shortly. This has never arrived, and I've chased it up a few times.

My question is, when I vacate the house (Few weeks time), how can I argue what was in the house in terms of furniture, equipment and the state of such items? If they have say for example a microwave on the inventory, but there wasn't one in the house when we moved, what can be done?Don't worry about it... the onus will be on the landlord to prove that the mythical microwave did exist at the outset, it's not for you to prove that it didn't. If anyone loses out it wil be the landlord for not ensuring that an inventory was prepared at the start (and if one is mysteriously produced at a later date, then it will not be valid without your signature).

The document you were asked to sign sounds irrelevant to the inventory process, so it matters not whether you signed that or not.