PDA

View Full Version : Agents advertising my property without instruction

stan1357
05-12-2011, 13:07 PM
I recnetly advertised my property to let privately. I had a lot of calls from agents.

A couple gave me the line that they had a tenant in desperate need but when it came to it they just wanted to get instruction.

I have one that I told definately I would not give them instruction to let but they have put it on in spite of the fact that i told them not to, they agreed to remove the advert but have not, the manager will not return my calls. They are not members of any bodies like NAEA or Property Ombudsman.

How can I stop them advertising my property?

jta
05-12-2011, 13:42 PM
If you have not signed for their services then you have to pay nothing anyway, undoubtedly they would tell you they have a tenant and then expect you to sign up before they introduced him.

I had similar experience a few years ago, somebody turned up unannounced and proceeded to take details of the property before handing me a form to sign. That turned out to be a sneaky contract. I had to use some very robust language to get him out of the door. :@:

Interlaken
05-12-2011, 13:43 PM
Go into the office in question in person and cause a fuss. Seems a pointless exercise for them if you are not going to allow viewings.

The other day I noticed a property I let via an agent in Sept 2010 is still on the firms site as 'under offer'. Still same tenants in and I should know as I collect the rent. Maybe it makes their web site look good.

PaulF
05-12-2011, 14:33 PM
The other day I noticed a property I let via an agent in Sept 2010 is still on the firms site as 'under offer'. Still same tenants in and I should know as I collect the rent. Maybe it makes their web site look good.In which case you might want to notify the Advertising Standards Authority or threaten the agent with the same.