PDA

View Full Version : Correct form for possession and can somebody else represent me

rugbyroom
05-12-2011, 09:54 AM
Dear Forum,

I had a tenant who has not lived in my property for 10 weeks now, room empty no personal belongings, and local enviromental servies checked to confirm on an annual visit, but have informed me that I still need to seek a legal possession.

I have viewed the sample within the forum, but the one I have downloaded via the Internet is only 2 pages.

My problem is, that I wish to try and make my application as clear as possible, as I'm likely to be away at the time of any hearing, and also wish to know, can somebody else other than a solicitor (which I cant afford) represent me.

I wish to seek possession and rental arrears which are in excess of 8 weeks when I served section 8, with no rent or communication from tenant.

Thank you

PS need to do form in paper format as qualify for fee remission.

Interlaken
05-12-2011, 13:13 PM
Postpone your holiday/jaunt or whatever and get the job done in person yourself. OR ask for a hearing date when you will be available. You have to pay court fees.

rugbyroom
05-12-2011, 13:37 PM
Postpone your holiday/jaunt or whatever and get the job done in person yourself. OR ask for a hearing date when you will be available. You have to pay court fees.

Can you tell me why I have to pay Court fees, a Judge also told me this, but I have been informed that I would qualify on my income, as can't make any renting rooms to tenants not paying.

I know getting fee remission annoyed the Judge at a previous hearing, but assistance is there for those that can't afford it - which is myself.

Interlaken
05-12-2011, 14:25 PM
Why if tenant is renting a room in your home do you need to go for possession.

Don't know anything about no fees for hard ups - if so hard up why not apply for legal aid?

rugbyroom
05-12-2011, 14:36 PM
Hes a tenant in a property I own (in massive negative equity), not a lodger, he does not live with me.

You cant get legal aid, its fee remission, its a civil matter.

I'm not sure how long I may be aware for as needing to visit ill relative in France, but with Xmas - New Year it could be ages before I can begin renting out an empty room to a tenant who has moved on but legally still has both possession and a responsibilty to pay.