PDA

View Full Version : Notice of application and court attendance

toasty
03-12-2011, 11:19 AM
My current tenant on an AST which ended in July, has been stalling leaving the property and is no longer paying rent. She had a 42 day extension to the notice to vacate and now has applied to court to defer the bailiffs visit. I will have to go to court next week - does anyone know what I can expect, and whether the advice I have received, that she will only be able to stay one more month at most, is correct? She is very determined to stay and is causing no end of anxiety here. Advice welcome.

Snorkerz
03-12-2011, 11:36 AM
A recent thread on here stated that 42 days was the maximum in total that could be given. I'll see if I can find it.

mariner
03-12-2011, 16:57 PM
Did you apply for repossession using s21 or s8?
Any deposit taken?

If Court did not consider payment order for overdue rent, I would consider initiating MCOL claim for rent arrears before T is moved out (service address). Otherwise could take several months to locate Ts new address.

Snorkerz
03-12-2011, 17:03 PM
I would consider initiating MCOL claim for rent arrears before T is moved out (service address). Otherwise could take several months to locate Ts new address.True, but you'll still need tenants new address for enforcement.