PDA

View Full Version : Potential tenant on HB

over graced
30-11-2006, 15:55 PM
I have a potential new tenant on HB. I know nothing about HB so I have a few questions.

1. Is HB paid direct to me and how long would I wait for it to be paid initially. Once up-and-running, is it paid regularly?

2. Would HB pay monthly or weekly?

3. Is HB paid in arrears or in advance?

Any other advantages/disadvantages of having a tenant on HB would be welcomed.

Best regards

OG

Poppy
30-11-2006, 16:06 PM
HB is always paid in arrears. Does your local authority have a website for landlords' FAQs? Try finding out for your particular area.

over graced
30-11-2006, 16:29 PM
Thanks Poppy.

I have searched this site and found lots of interesting info regarding HB. I'll search the LA website tonight.

Thanks again.

OG

Poppy
30-11-2006, 16:43 PM
Yes, isn't it much more satisfying conducting your own research. I observed that your user ID was searching the forums. Glad it provided some inspiration.

pippay
30-11-2006, 17:51 PM
Poppy .. are you stressed?? only it seems some of your replies to perfectly reasonable questions by new posters are becoming more and more tetchy and laced with sarcasm.

There is no need for it :cool: There was a time, I'm sure when you were a new LL and didn't know everything.

Yes, isn't it much more satisfying conducting your own research. I observed that your user ID was searching the forums. Glad it provided some inspiration.

Poppy
30-11-2006, 18:04 PM
You know what pippay. When communication is purely written and you cannot see my face or gauge my body language, then misunderstandings occur. I can assure you and anyone else reading this post that I do not mean any sarcasm at all. Having re-read "glad it provided some inspiration" I really mean that I am glad. Having re-read "I observed that your user ID was searching the forums" I was glad to see that our posts are being put to good use.

I believe that many people are more reassured when they can be empowered to help themselves. That's what the internet gives us. And I hope that's part of what this forum is about. Empowerment.

You're wrong about the intonation of this particular post and I think you owe me an apology.

pippay
30-11-2006, 18:16 PM
I'll reply to you off forum , as there have been other incidences, Poppy. I haven't said this lightly.

You know what pippay. When communication is purely written and you cannot see my face or gauge my body language, then misunderstandings occur. I can assure you and anyone else reading this post that I do not mean any sarcasm at all. Having re-read "glad it provided some inspiration" I really mean that I am glad. Having re-read "I observed that your user ID was searching the forums" I was glad to see that our posts are being put to good use.

I believe that many people are more reassured when they can be empowered to help themselves. That's what the internet gives us. And I hope that's part of what this forum is about. Empowerment.

You're wrong about the intonation of this particular post and I think you owe me an apology.

over graced
30-11-2006, 19:20 PM
Hi

I tried to search before making the original post but the feature search wouldn't work. After I'd made the post, the search worked (sod's law).

I appreciate that it can be frustrating when newbies ask questions that have been asked many times already. I'm quite au fait with t'Internet but it is easier to ask the question again rather than researching previous threads - especially when t'Internet is slow or search features don't work straight away (on work's PC).

Thanks all.

:)

OG