PDA

View Full Version : what to do about evictees possessions

Essex
23-11-2011, 21:06 PM
Hi, I would be grateful if someone can clarify...I am about to evict a long term tenant who over the course of three years has amassed a huge qunatity of junk, but unfortunately they may have an instrinsic value as they are house clearance type junk.
Incredibly, has also managed to find and dump about a 3 foot depth of black household electrical mains kettle leads...claiming that he has a buyer for all this junk. He has similarly littered and strewn household bric a brac all over the garden too.

Assuming I have a "reasonably amicable" eviction and he accepts the re-possession, where do I stand with regards to giving him a reasonable amount of time for clearing out his junk, and what then? Who sets the agenda and says it's now OK for me to skip the lot (if it ever is)?
Also, he has dumped a vehical too, I know I can't scrap that, he is the registered keeper...!!!

Snorkerz
23-11-2011, 21:52 PM
This may help http://www.landlordzone.co.uk/uncollected_goods.htm

If you can't access it, you will need to re-register.

JK0
23-11-2011, 23:10 PM
Hi, I would be grateful if someone can clarify...I am about to evict a long term tenant who over the course of three years has amassed a huge qunatity of junk, but unfortunately they may have an instrinsic value as they are house clearance type junk.
Incredibly, has also managed to find and dump about a 3 foot depth of black household electrical mains kettle leads...claiming that he has a buyer for all this junk. He has similarly littered and strewn household bric a brac all over the garden too.

Assuming I have a "reasonably amicable" eviction and he accepts the re-possession, where do I stand with regards to giving him a reasonable amount of time for clearing out his junk, and what then? Who sets the agenda and says it's now OK for me to skip the lot (if it ever is)?
Also, he has dumped a vehical too, I know I can't scrap that, he is the registered keeper...!!!

The guy sounds like Mr Trebus from 'A life of Grime'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seavf2cUjzw

Would it be worth having a word with the council?