PDA

View Full Version : Evicting licencees of my previous tenant

asokao
05-10-2011, 17:26 PM
I need vacant possession of a property I had rented to an individual who was allowed to manage the property and rent out rooms to individual licencees. The tenancy has now come to an acrimonious end and the licencees remain. I know the licence they have signed mentions that they have to vacate if the tenancy ceases. Does anyone have any advice on how to regain vacant possession from my tenants licencees?

Snorkerz
05-10-2011, 21:46 PM
Do you, or your ex tenant, live in the property? Have you accepted any rent from the licensees? Or have these 'licensees' become by default AST tenants?

theartfullodger
05-10-2011, 22:06 PM
What sort of tenancy did he have?? If you allowed him to have licsencees it sounds like a commercial tenancy notvan AST regardless of what the paperwork said.

Did you both declare all income & have any required HMO licences??

How has tenancy come to an end?? Court order)??? Does individual still have access to property??

westminster
06-10-2011, 01:41 AM
I need vacant possession of a property I had rented to an individual who was allowed to manage the property and rent out rooms to individual licencees. The tenancy has now come to an acrimonious end and the licencees remain. I know the licence they have signed mentions that they have to vacate if the tenancy ceases. Does anyone have any advice on how to regain vacant possession from my tenants licencees?

Property in England/Wales?

Details of the tenancy agreement with the 'individual'? (fixed term dates, etc)

You basically let to X with permission to sublet?

Why do you call the occupiers 'licencees'?