PDA

View Full Version : How long can a housing association leave you without bathing faciities?

bobishere
23-09-2011, 16:15 PM
as the title says really how long can you be left without proper bathing facilities? would wednesday to monday be to long for a disabled person???

theartfullodger
23-09-2011, 16:44 PM
Depends on the problem (if they are waiting for parts to fix something it could take that long..). - not trying to defend them.

I've heard from several other people that getting HAs to fix things can be very hard work...

(No offence but..) you have reported the problem, ? confirmed in writing, kept a copy?>? What does their complaints procedure say you should do if dissatisfied & have you done it??

Do you have a social worker who might be able to "encourage" them?? Or as you mentioned Wednesday to Monday (& it now being Friday..) do I conclude it is now fixed??

Cheers!

bobishere
23-09-2011, 16:48 PM
they are changing a bathroom to a wet room knew of my disability from the outset (hence the wet room) there not waiting for anything the bits are piled up in the bathroom (flooring etc) cant report it (they have gone home to sit in their nice houses with bathrooms till monday morning) there complaints procedure exits but is very long winded i thought it was part of human rights law to have bathing facilities?

theartfullodger
23-09-2011, 16:51 PM
Who is "they"?? - the HA or a contractor used by the HA..

In your shoes I'd 'phone the emergency number (I assume HA has one..) (unless you can get through to anyone in HO now) and explain the position & request a fix.

bobishere
23-09-2011, 16:56 PM
The housing association are doing the works, theres a note from the flooring guy saying coming sunday (yes sunday) to do the flooring!! it needs more than a fix the roll of vinyl flooring as leant against the wall! Ive no idea how to use the shower safely or even if i can use it i had a hospital appointment today returned home looks like they have done nothing, they told me thursday the floor needs 2 hrs to dry so it cant be a quick fix.. ive a dodgy leg hence my disability, last bathed it tuesday they ripped the bath out wednesday assumed today it would be done as they advised 2 to 3 days now nothings happening till monday it would seem is this legal???

mariner
23-09-2011, 17:00 PM
Converting a bathroom to a wet room properly can take 1-2 wks.
You have 'washing' facilities, its called a kitchen sink!

Banzai
24-09-2011, 11:53 AM
as the title says really how long can you be left without proper bathing facilities? would wednesday to monday be to long for a disabled person???

How long would be acceptable for someone without a disability?